Aspire Physiotherapy continues to closely monitor guidance from local and national health authorities, implement strict public safety regulations put forward by Alberta Health Services, and will update our procedures as needed. We are committed to caring for the health and well-being of our practitioners, staff and patients.
Guidelines and Procedures:
Mandatory Facial Coverings & Social Distancing:
We respectfully require customers follow social distancing and safety protocols recommended by public health officials, including wearing a facial covering when visiting our clinic. It is our responsibility to protect our employees and patients, and to comply with local public health mandates. As such, our practitioners have the right and responsibility to refuse service to patients who are not wearing facial coverings.
Local mask exemptions (Alberta): If you identify as someone with a mask exemption, we ask that you wear a face shield to attend any appointments at our clinic. Masks, scarves, bandanas, and face shields are all appropriate face coverings accepted under our policies. Face shields and masks can be bought in the pharmacy on the first floor of our building. Those unwilling to wear a face shield or covering of any kind will be denied service. Thanks for your understanding!
Staff & Patient Screening:
Following AHS guidelines, we respectfully require all patients and employees complete a pre-check before attending any shifts or appointments. This pre-check consists of signing in at the front desk, signing a set list of health and tracking questions from AHS, and having their temperature taken. Temperature will be taken against the forehead or the wrist, and is compulsory before any appointment at our clinic.
Enhanced Cleaning Measures:
Aspire is committed to caring for the health and well-being of its employees and patients. We continue to observe elevated cleaning and sanitizing protocols that meet public health guidelines put forward by Alberta Health Services. In addition to the installation of plexiglass shields, face coverings, employee and patient symptom screening, you can read our cleaning and COVID-19 measures below!
- Increased cleaning schedules – We regularly clean waiting room chairs, pens and high-contact areas to ensure public safety. We have also increased the frequency of cleaning throughout the day for all areas of our facility.
- Hand sanitizer – All patients are required to use hand sanitizer upon arrival. We have hand sanitizer regularly available in our reception area.
- Payment methods – We encourage all patients to use no-contact (tap) payment methods when possible. While we do still accept cash, we do not keep cash-change on the premises.
- Follow the arrow system – Upon arrival in the clinic, patients must follow the arrow system on the floor. Green arrows to enter into the clinic, and red arrows to exit.
- Practitioner safety – All practitioners and assistants are required to wear facial coverings when treating patients, and are encouraged to wash their hands frequently and in between treating different patients. All treatment and exercise equipment are sanitized between uses.
We require at least 24 hours notice prior to any cancellations or rescheduling of appointments, so that we can provide care for another patient in that time slot. Late notice cancellations or no-shows may result in a 50% cancellation fee being charged to your account.
Due to Covid-19 regulations, we will take cancellations or rescheduling of appointments for any patient required to get tested or presenting symptoms. If you are feeling ill or experience flu-like symptoms, please get in touch with us as soon as you can, and we will happily reschedule for you.
Should you have any questions regarding our COVID-19 policies, feel free to reach a member of our team below:
Email Contact: [email protected]
Phone: 587 713 8386